“King Punch”, as a new term has hit the headlines in the recent times, it has also created a dread among the people everywhere. This term has also attracted some criticism from many people from around Australia. The criticism has resulted in a demand to re-brand the term “King Punch” to “Coward Punch”. This term is true to its words. Such violence can only be supported by people who do not have the courage to control their anger. Everyone is aware of the incidents that occurred recently which have resulted in the deaths of many teenagers. The government is taking all the necessary steps to bring such incidents under control. The police have become more vigilant to make the people feel more secure. The pubs and clubs have been ordered to lock out the premises after 1:30am and not to serve alcohol to any person under any circumstances without checking their IDs. These steps can not completely put a stop to such incidents till the people take a strong stand and become more responsible. Here are a few tips from Alpha Protective that can help the people and community feel more secure:
- Such incidents usually occur when people are not in their conscious minds. The people should be more careful when consuming alcohol. The teenagers should know their limits when consuming alcohol so that they know when to stop. They should respect the Responsible Serve of Alcohol guidelines.
- Venues selling alcohol must have security officers on the property to avoid and take care of any such incidents. It is the duty of the venue manager to ensure that all the security officers present on the venue must have their valid security and all the other required licenses.
- The security officers should work closely with the property managers to identify and discuss the problems that need to be addressed for making the property and the people more secure.
- The security companies should have proper guidelines that define their plan of action to avoid such incidents and how to deal with such incidents if the need be.
- The security services companies should ensure and be responsible for training the security guards properly to monitor the venue and the patrons and identify the possible intoxicated patrons and remove them from the property to a safe distance of a minimum 50 meters without harming anyone.
- The security officers need to be vigilant and should check the IDs of all the patrons entering the venue to avoid the underage individuals from consuming alcohol. There should be no compromise on the part of the security officers as well as the venue staff and manager under any circumstances.
- The community and the people should also behave responsibly. Sometimes a security officer might misjudge a person, but it is not for offending anyone. They should respect and cooperate with the security officers and the venue staff as they mean no harm and are just fulfilling their duties so as to provide us with a better society.
- The people should be careful and aware of their surroundings. In case they feel that there is a possible intoxicated individual, they should immediately inform the venue staff or the security guards so that the necessary steps can be taken to avoid any mishappenings. Remember, keeping quiet or ignoring your surroundings won’t help you. It may lead to a worsened situation.
These are just a few tips which can help us work together to make our society more safe and secure for everyone. It is not the responsibility of the government alone to make this world a better and secure place to live in but it is also our duty to behave more responsibly. The government cannot do anything without the support of the people. So let us all join our hands together and put a stop to such incidents.